[no title]forthelonely version Date: 10 May 2005 Location: Xcel Energy Center, Saint Paul, MN Format: – Duration: –
02- MY BEAUTIFUL REWARD
03- REASON TO BELIEVE
04- DEVILS & DUST
05- EMPTY SKY
07- IF I SHOULD FALL BEHIND
09- LONG TIME COMIN'
11- SILVER PALOMINO
13- THE RIVER
15- BOOK OF DREAMS
17- PART MAN, PART MONKEY
19- MARIA'S BED
06- THE RISING
07- FURTHER ON (UP THE ROAD)
09- JESUS WAS AN ONLY SON
13- THE HITTER
15- MATAMOROS BANKS
02- A GOOD MAN IS HARD TO FIND (PITTSBURGH)
03- LAND OF HOPE AND DREAMS
04- MY BEST WAS NEVER GOOD ENOUGH
05- THE PROMISED LAND
Aiwa Portable MD, cheap lapel stereo mic > Yamaha MD4 minidisc mixer > M-Audio Omnistudio usb soundcard, CD Wave, Flac Frontend, Quickpar
Notes from info file:
We all love Bruce' music, and this concert was no execption. This recording is a gift to the world, treat it as such. Tapers come away from the show with nary the emotional aspects most of you enjoy. It was a great show, but taping is a pain to say the least. In addition to worrying about input levels, time to switch, being discrete, etc. the emotional aspect of much of it is simply lost on us. Meaning, we just can't enjoy the show as you can. This is the only show this fan will see this tour, and a lot was sacrificed in the experience to bring everyone this recording (in a way I feel cheated and may never do this again). If it's not up to your standard, too bad, it is what it is.
This recording is a gift to fans acoss the world, treat it as such.
Note: about the results:
1) Before the last song on Disc 1 (track 19) the recording was paused briefly trying to switch discs but no time between songs, had to stayed on same disc and hope after the next song would provide enough break to make the switch. Any sync with another recording will be off unless a time gap is put there (about 5 seconds, guessing). The gap is not too noticable because the tracks run together.
2) Disc 2 (track 1) was after a battery switch, the Automatic Level Control kicked in (one more thing to worry about), so there are crackles at the peaks. Manual level mode was reset after the song but had to pause again for a few seconds to set it.
3) Disc 1 track 7 (If I Should Fall Behind) was boosted digitally 1.5% or 150% it was so quiet. Switching from track 6 to 7 and 7 to 8 has an slight audible difference but is almost perfect.
4) Digital upload from analog source to pro usb soundcard. Some leveling, some bass reduction necessary (cheap mics, no bass rolloff).
5) The room is so quiet sometimes you can hear the chair squeak.
6) Hope you enjoy it.